Today was going to be the day we announce our candidates so that you could start voting, instead we are announcing our new board members! These were the only people that had the required nominations, so no voting is required.
Congratulations to our returning board members:
Michelle Schwartz Furney as Vice President
Jennifer Graessler as Treasurer
They both stepped in when asked to help out last year and did a great job!
Our new secretary is also a new member, Darlene Akom. Congratulations Darlene and thank you for being willing to help out!
It is that time of year again. There are a few open board positions for 2018. The duties for each position can be viewed in our bylaws, but please email/message the president or board members if you have specific questions. We are excited about the coming year! It will be full of clinics, trainings, socials, and races (from sprints to full distances, from single participants to relay teams, and don’t forget how we all support each other at different events….this tribe is amazing!).
An email will also be sent out tonight with the same information so that we make sure everyone sees the info!
Nominations should be made ONLY to the following email address email@example.com or by using the form in the voting section below.
The nomination process starts today!
2018 Board of Directors openings
Nominations Timeline: Nov 13th –Nov 20th
Open Board Positions:
1) Vice President
To be nominated to run for these board positions, active members must have two nominations. Members may nominate themselves or any other member to run for any position. No nominations will be accepted before or after this window. Nominations are to be directly emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the form below:
Individual members will be notified as soon as he/she receives the required nominations and will have 48 hours to accept the nomination.
Candidate announcements and official voting period: Nov 21st-Nov 26th
Candidates are announced to the membership and votes may be cast to email@example.com or by using the form on this page.
Election results: Nov 27th
The current board will notify membership of elections results via CTC member’s page and on the CTC website.
Have you ever wanted to “tri”? Well now you can! Couch To Tri returns this May. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has wanted to learn what the sport is about and get information about the training program. It is free to participate. Our goal race is the Chattahoochee Challenge Sprint Triathlon on July 15th. Come to our introductory meeting where we hope to answer any questions you have about the program.
Days & Times: Thursday at 6:30pm
Location: Outside World
Address: 1025 Broadway, Columbus, GA 31901
Contact: Suzanne Kraus
Click here to download a pdf of the Couch to Tri flyer.
Be sure to join our Couch 2 Tri Facebook Group for the latest updates on training and like Chattahoochee Tri Club on Facebook for additional club news!
The mentor group comprises experienced Club members who are willing to help other members enjoy the sport and meet their personal goals. They will listen to questions and problems, and will be a valuable source of information. Mentors are not just for new athletes, but also for any athlete who wishes to attain a new level of performance, tackle a new race distance or gain a better understand of the sport. The Chattahoochee Triathlon Club Mentoring Program is an informal, voluntary relationship. The program is designed to help new or less-experienced athletes start competing in triathlons, or train for a new distance or a particular race.
This is not a coaching program; it is an attempt to best match you with someone who has the skills and desire to help you meet your stated goals. Mentors are not personal coaches; rather, they are a resource for answering questions or providing guidance. You could choose to be a Mentor, a Mentee — or both.
This program will serve triathletes who are interested in training for any of the following race distances:
- First triathlon, Super Sprint, or pool-swim triathlon Sprint Distance: 750 m (.5 mile) swim / 20 km (12.4 mile) bike / 5 km (3.2 mile) run
- Olympic/International Distance: 1.5 km (.9 mile) swim / 40 km (24 mile) bike / 10 km (6.2 mile) run
- Half-Ironman “70.3”: 1.9 km (1.2 mile) swim / 90 km (56 mile) bike / 21 km (13.1 mile) run
- Ironman “140.6”: 3.8 km (2.4 mile) swim /180 km (112 mile) bike / 42 km (26.2 mile) run
This program is for:
- Mentors: If you are a club member who has completed at a minimum a Sprint and an Olympic or Half Ironman triathlon, then you are qualified to be a Mentor. If you would like to give back and share your triathlon experience, please fill out the MENTOR form.
- Mentees: If you are new (or fairly new) to triathlons and would appreciate support and guidance toward your goals this season, OR if you are looking to train for a new distance, please fill out the MENTEE form.
- Complete your Mentor/Mentee profile form and return to the Mentorship Program Coordinator.
- Mentees and Mentors will be matched by the program coordinator, to best connect members of compatible abilities and goals.
- Matches will be notified in a timely manner, keeping in mind that it may take time to find a good match of Mentor and Mentee.
Expectations — By entering this program, you are agreeing to:
- Mentor who you are matched with
- Meet with your mentee, as you and your mentee decide
- Communicate periodically (suggestion: monthly). You can — and are encouraged to — go above and beyond
- Complete an evaluation after completing your mentor/mentee experience
- Attend club meetings, clinics and other opportunities to further your skills and knowledge about the sport of triathlon
To Sign up for either, please complete the applicable form and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: